Sunday, April 01, 2012

Recycled purse

Are you a saver, collector or hoarder?  Because I dabble in all types of craft, I seem to "collect" a lot of different items.  I had a blue striped men's shirt - why I do not know, however it had a lot of fabric in it and I thought I could do something with it. 

I cut the cuffs off the shirt and used them to make a little purse ... just sew up the sides and use the buttons already on the cuffs for the closure. I used some Fray Stop on the cut edge.

I had seen this idea on the Internet a long time ago, and thought it was a great idea.


Two purses, with many uses.
Keep your earphones in them, clean and tidy


Keep your business card or drivers license in them


Use them as a coin purse


Many uses for when you do not want to take your wallet or handbag


I am thinking of other recycling gifts, this is what I am going to be working with next. 
 A satin pillowcase and a net curtain.  Any ideas?


Vintage doilies and napkins  - aren't they pretty?


Have a great weekend
Judy

2 comments:

  1. I have some net curtains I am planning to make into produce bags for the grocery store- reusable and breathable instead of the supplied plastic bags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My earbuds are always getting tangled up. I wonder if my husband would notice if I "borrowed" one of his cuffs. Only one way to find out! ;-)

    I am *loving* your blog. I have bookmarked so many ideas to my "great things I want to try" folder.

    ReplyDelete