Sunday, January 08, 2012

Pillowcase Grocery Bag

What can you make with a pillow case?  Apparently a lot of things, however one item that caught my eye was the grocery bag.   

Take one very wrinkled (I should have ironed it first) pillow case.  This is a vintage pillowcase and I love the colours and pattern.


Then using the instructions from this site turn it into a grocery bag or everyday tote.


Very cute and practical.

Now anyone that knows me, will know that I will always think of another way of doing things ... Well, I am going to track down some Christmas Santa Sacks (in the sales) and make some cute gift bags using the same principle.  I will need to be careful with ones with designs as the pillowcase is turned into itself to make the lining.  I hope to be able to get some and show you the results very soon.

Judy


1 comment:

  1. I really love that pillow case. This is a great idea. Thanks for sharing the link.

    ReplyDelete