Monday, October 21, 2013

Orange Sculptures at Griffith

Every year thousands of people head to Griffith NSW to view these citrus sculptures.  The 3D sculptures are created using more than 100,000 oranges and the same number of rubber bands to hold the fruit in place.  My sister Sue and I were one of the many visitors yesterday.

 
 
 
 
Each day the volunteers replace any damaged fruit.  It really is a most impressive and unique display.  I think my favourite is the Kentucky Chicken display - it was huge.
 
This is my first attempt at using Picaso to generate a collage and I wonder why I have not used this free software before?  It was so simple to use, although I should probably straighten each photo in the collage!
 
What did you get up to at the weekend?
 
Judy

1 comment:

  1. The oranges are amazing, thanks for sharing that. As for the pictures, if you hadn't mentioned that they were crooked I would have thought the display was by design.

    ReplyDelete