Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Kindness of Friends

One of my friends arrived yesterday with a bag full of tissue packs.  She knew that I was sewing for the Breast Cancer Bags and the Pink Ribbon dinner, so she thought this would help out in a little way.

It sure does, however the tissue packs she purchased were a different size from the ones I had been using.
They were narrower and thicker.  The pink pack is what I have been using and the green pack is the new size.



The sizes and instructions that I had posted here for the tissue covers would not work.  So last night I made a new one.  The basic instructions are the same, although the fabric sizes are a little different.

You will need to cut your outer fabric 5 1/2" x 6" and your lining fabric 5 1/2" x 7".   Before you turn right side out, box your corners.  Just a small amount, I used the width of my machine foot for judgement.

Notice how they look the same from the top



However, from the side and end you can see the boxed corners, which allows the tissue pack to fit in nicely.




The new tissue packs do not have a slit in the middle, they are top opening, so you can use your scissors to make a slit down the centre, very easy, or you can remove the tissues from the plastic covering and pop them straight into the new cover.

Just a couple more, for practise.



As the Spring weather has deserted us this weekend, and it is back to cold wintery weather, I may use this as an excuse to try and make a tissue cover that opens from the top this afternoon.

I will let you know if I succeed.

Have fun
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment