Sunday, June 29, 2014

A Little Start

I have spent most of the weekend in the craft studio, but unfortunately not much time "crafting".  With the clearance sale and stock-take for my online store it was taking up most of my time, until this afternoon.

I downed tools and decided to make a little felt gingerbread girl for my first 2014 Christmas decoration.
I had seen a photo of something similar on Pinterest however no link to site or pattern, but that doesn't mean I cannot design my own version.


She turned out lovely, so I have another two cutout and ready to finish.


The one on the left just needs to be sewn together, and the one on the right, has just been started.

I could get these three little gingerbread girls from just two felt squares, "light brown" available in store.  I also used Tilda CandyCane brads for the sweet cheeks on two of the gingers and on the last one, I used Darice 10mm peppermints.  I think it gives them a unique look?

Have you started anything for Christmas yet?, it is July next week and before you know it, Christmas will be here.

I really should finish off the owl and little card holder keyring that was cut out last week, I may do that right now!

Judy

1 comment:

  1. Oh what sweet little girls. Nope, haven't started Christmas yet. I don't even have any ideas yet. Soon I hope.

    ReplyDelete