Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Babysitting

I have been busy babysitting various animals/pets lately as well as looking after gardens in the hot summer, therefore not much (or not any) craft time.

These lovely brown hens are waiting for me every morning to let them out - 9 in total.  They are great layers, and one of the benefits of caring for them is fresh eggs!


Then these cute little silkie hens, one mother hen and three chicks, although the chicks are growing quickly.


Next comes the blue budgerigar, I must admit he is a favourite, although he is a little cranky.  Not sure of his age, but he loves his apple treat each morning.



Then the cockatiel, he did not want to have his photo taken this morning, fluffed up his feathers as if to say, "get out of here"!


He loves to be hand fed sunflower seeds, and gives me a "wolf whistle" every now and then.  Good for the ego!

Now for a funny sight this morning, when I went out to change my dogs water, a little frog was taking a swim.  I do not know where he come from, but he was set free in the garden


He is a little hard to see in the dirty bowl, and it was only 6:00 am, but it was such a surprise I had to get my camera.

I will be having a trade table at the Murrumbidgee Quilters Exhibition at Griffith on Saturday and Sunday 7th and 8th March, so if you are in the area, come and check out all the great quilts as well as saying Hi!

Until then
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment