Saturday, January 07, 2012

2012 - Breast Cancer Drain Bags

I managed to make a start on my Breast Cancer Drain Bags for 2012.  Belinda, our local coordinator with the hospitals, needs 27 bags each month, and I have committed to making 6 each month to help with the cause.

This month, Sue in Griffith, donated some Japanese Fabric, which I then made up into lovely bright bags.


I did not get any help with trying to find the kimono / cross-over style tissue covers, so I just made the standard ones to pop inside these bags. 


These ones still need to have the tissue covers made - but I love the brown bag


Four made, another 2 to go ... they do not take very long to sew up, it is only the cutting out that takes the time.  I want to get a good start, with at least another six made, so that I am not having to make them at the last minute.

Belinda reads my blog, so she will be happy to see that I have made a start!

Judy



4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:26 pm

    They look fabulous Judy, well done. You have definitely put Sue's fabrics to a great use. And yes I am happy to see you've made a start! I'll be contacting the hospital in the next few days to see when the next batch will be needed.
    Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel challenged. I am going to make an attempt to recreate the kimono tissue holder. I'll let you know if I'm successful or not. This is what happens in January. No pressure projects so I can really play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where can I get the pattern for my girl scout troop to make these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patti - if you send me your email address I will send you the pattern.
      Judy

      Delete