Sunday, July 14, 2013

Quiet Times

Yes, I have been very quiet lately.  A couple of reasons ... busy with the online store, busy with household repairs / renovations, not motivated ...


 
The online store has been busy, with packing orders, adding new products, and everything else that goes with maintaining a online store.
 
My home has had the carpets in all the main living areas, pulled up to reveal beautiful ash floorboards, which have been sanded and polished.  I did not realise the amount of dust and mess this would create.  Even though most things were covered, the dust has found its way into absolutely everything.
 
I have lost my motivation with sewing, I am not sure what I want to do ... I like making small gifts, so if anyone has any ideas please let me know ...
 
I need to start thinking about the Breast Cancer Pink Ribbon dinner in October.  The year is passing by so quickly it will be here before I know it ...
 
Three little items finished
 
1. Bowl Buddy as seen on Selina's blog
 
 
Selina amazes me with all the projects she finishes.
 
 
2. Handmade pendants
 
 
These were easy to make, the kits were purchased from "Little Red Raspberry" on Craftumi.  All I needed to do was adhere the graphic to the glass dome, and then once it had dried, glue it to the pendant tray.
 
3. Knitted Owl
 
 
This is a little lopsided photo of my knitted owl - these are called "Owl Puff" a pattern by Jenna Frupar.  They are knitted on either a circular needles, or a set of 4 needles.  Easy to follow instructions, the only problem I had was that I did not know what a Kitchener Stitch was?  This was required to stitch the owl closed.  Lucky "Mr Google" came to the rescue.
 
I had a enforced quiet day today, we had a scheduled power outage from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm - even though it was a cold and rainy day, it was fantastic to snuggle up with a book, without feeling guilty.
 
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment