Thursday, September 15, 2011

Finished Guessing?

Well it took me over three hours to get this Christmas ornament finished. 

Front view

Back view
 It was very time consuming, but the end result was worth it.  I think if I am going to make more of these, I will get all the components ready before hand.  Cut out all the 2" squares in one session, fold and glue them in another session, then glue to CD in the last session.  I cut, folded and glued as I went along for this one.  I also found the Premium Bond glue better than the Tacky glue.

This is not an original idea, or even my idea, I have seen it before, but not sure if it has been tried on a old CD before.   I have used fabric for this sample, but I imagine it would work just as well with paper.  Imagine it with glossy magazine pages, newspaper or the beautiful scrapbook papers that are available now.  I think I will give it a go, it may give quicker results and you can fold the paper while watching TV in the evening.

Till next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment