Tuesday, January 22, 2013

New Sewing Machine

There will be no stopping me now - I have purchased a new sewing machine.  The Janome MC4900QC


It is so quiet, compared to my current Janome MC3500 which is over 10 years old.  I hope this one handles the volume of work and the variety of fabric that I play with.

The new machine has
  • 532 stitches & patterns including 10 styles of auto-size buttonholes
  • 3 complete alphabet fonts
  • Programmable memory
  • Backlit LCD screen.
It also has a knee lift bar which I have never used before.  People that have one on their machine, swear by it, especially when quilting.  The other curious feature with this machine is that you do not necessarily have to use the foot pedal, it has a start/stop button.  This will be great if you forget to pack the foot when going to classes?  Not saying it has happened to me, but I have been to classes when others have forgotten to pack their foot!

I have played a little bit with it, and will use it for the next orphan block bag I make.  It is like a new car, getting to know all the new features, but also trying to work out how to do common stitches / needle movements etc

Judy

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, nice new toy. Wishing you years of great quilting.

    ReplyDelete