Sunday, September 09, 2012

Wooden Tags

I spent a couple of hours with my sister yesterday, making some tags.  Mostly Christmas ones - I know it seems early but we have to start NOW!

I was not organised (again) and just grabbed some things to take across to play with  - it did not seem much, but look at this mess on her craft room floor - all mine


First off I will show you the ones I made using wooden tags as a base

Tag 1 - Stamped Tag - this was the quickest and easiest and was definitely my favourite.
Just get your Christmas Stamps, and stamp all over it .. easy



Tag 2 - Wooden embellishments

I used a page from a book as the backing piece and then covered that with a lovely blue snowflake scrapbook paper.  Glued a wooden snowflake on top which had been aged with the DecoArt Oak Wood Stain - stamped "Believe" on a small piece of Kraft Cardstock and then to keep the natural theme, just used a piece of jute for the tie.  You cannot tell from this photo, however I also used the wood stain around the edges of the tag to finish it off.



Tag 3 - stamped embellishments

This is similar to tag 2, the wooden tag was covered with Christmas scrapbook paper, then the wooden number embellishment was stamped to colour it and then glued on - another quick and easy tag, with great results.
Tomorrow I will show you the tags I made using the Core-dinations White Core Tags


Just in case you were wondering, I did clean up my mess before I went home.  All packed up, ready to take home



Until tomorrow
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment