Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Santa's Magic Key

Imagine my delight, when I stumbled across this set of dungeon keys, I have to admit I bought 4 sets.


The two large ones measure 14.5 cm and the other two 10.5 cm. My BIL was kind enough to cut the ring so that I could use all four keys.



The two smaller keys I have used for "Santa's Magic Key".  I made a felt hang tag, with a pocket.  On the pocket I sewed a fabric printed Santa photo.  Then I used the beautiful raspberry & white bakers twine to attach the poem to the key and then the key to the tag.  I tied a little Christmas ribbon bow on the key.
The next photo shows the tag, the key & the poem, all separate



Next showing the key in the pocket, but still being able to read the poem



The little poem also fits into the pocket for safe storage though out the year.



The two Santa's Keys I have completed



 All packed up in a cellophane bag with topper for the store




Poem and Topper purchased from Sunflower Friends

Quick and easy to make, and good fun as well.  Not sure what I will do with the larger keys, maybe a accessory for a Santa (hanging from his belt?) or another variation of Santa's key maybe?  You will have to wait and see what eventuates


Judy

2 comments:

  1. I visited so many blogs only for simple but beautiful tags. In the second picture is exactly what I am in search of these days, I really impressed with your work. Your website is very needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing like this information on santas magic bags. This is the most easy way of learning. This helps me to get some idea regarding this and helps me to bring a creative thought.

    ReplyDelete