Sunday, November 17, 2013

Button Tree

I have only made one of these button trees (so far), but I want to make more - they were so easy, and look fantastic.  I certainly should have plenty of buttons to make more ...

 
All you require to make these are brown buttons (for tree trunk) and then a number of green buttons in diminishing sizes for the actual tree.  I used a star pony bead for the decoration on top.
 
I followed the basic instructions from this site Modern Minerals however I used jewellery wire for threading the buttons on, this made it very simple and was easy to thread through, and also gave a lovely sturdy hook for hanging.
 
 
 
I wonder what they would look like with different coloured buttons, worth a try?
 
Judy

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:44 pm

    I have seen these on Pinterest, I love your little tree and must try one myself
    Sue

    ReplyDelete