Fabric Cable Tidies
These three were quickly made with just scraps of fabric
iPhone and iPad cable tidy
Camera charger cable tidy (must take photos of the wedding)
Then I decided to make one a little longer, for the iron cord
I tried the iron cable tidy on an extension cord, but it was not long enough, so I will make one longer when I return from holidays. Great idea to keep all the charger cables, power cords tidy.
Measurements I used, just in case someone else is interested.
The iPhone and camera charger:
4-1/2" x 2-1/2"
Iron cord tidy
6-1/2" x 2-1/2"
- Cut two of each size in fabric and one in interfacing, round the ends, just to make it look nice
- Iron interfacing to the wrong side of one fabric piece
- Place wrong sides together
- Sew all around, leaving a gap for turning
- Turn right side out, iron
- Top stitch all the way around the outside
- Sew a velcro tab to each end, ensuring you sew each piece on opposite sides
- All done
Easy, but handy.