|Photo "borrowed" from Danoz Direct website|
Time to get researching, I can buy extra pads for $29.95 or I can try and make my own. I found this site, that suggested using a car mitt for a cover - definitely worth a try.
The discount store had a lovely pink mitt for only $3.00. I unpicked one side of the mitt to begin with.
It then sort of fell into the shape I required for my mop, before I needed to do anything else
After trying it on the mop, I discovered it was exactly the size I wanted, now to tidy it up a little. No photos, sorry, I was too absorbed in getting it all together to remember to take photos of each step.
I sewed a binding along the messy unpicked edge, and then attached strips of the binding with Velcro attached to each side of the elastic strip on the back. Then I sewed the corresponding piece of Velcro to the front of the mitt for easy attaching.
Finished ... top showing how it is attached.
Bottom - see how it covers the entire base of the mop - thick and thirsty
I have given it a quick test, but a thorough testing is scheduled for today, so I will let you know if I encounter any problems with my new cover.
Cost = $3.00
Time = Approx 1 hour
The new mop cover was excellent, no streaks, and no slippage. One thing I will need to look out for in the future, the nylon interior of the new cover, pulls on the hooks on the bottom of the mop - may rip and tear with use